The American Lung Association in Arizona is looking for Respiratory Therapists, Nurses, Health Educators, Public Health Workers, and Community Health Workers who will receive hands on experience facilitating a monthly support group. The Facilitator of a Better Breathers Club® (BBC), a support group for people with chronic lung disease and their caregivers, will work directly with the Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease (CLRD) Program Manager to help build lasting relationships with our community partners and increase participation in BBC meetings. This position comes with an opportunity for continuing education and networking with other healthcare and health education professional facilitators throughout Arizona.
• Non-smoker for at least 1 year (NO exceptions)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Web, and Social Media Platforms
• Strong English written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to immerse self into new situations or environments
• Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, and can-do attitude
• Phone skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently to coordinate logistics
• Ability to turn conflict into learning
• Ability to relate well with seniors and people living with chronic illness
• Ability or willingness to assist with participant recruitment a plus
• Creativity a plus
• Become familiar with the BBC program by completing the free online Facilitator’s training course
• Work with BBC Liaison to identify speakers
• Identify and secured a meeting location
• Identify a topic; schedule and confirm a guest speaker or activity for each meeting
• Perform necessary meeting preparation: order refreshments (optional) and print any handouts, as deemed necessary
• Customize all ALA-prepared documentation (Sign-in Sheet, Agenda, Evaluation, and New Member Information Form) for each meeting
• Facilitate meeting (greet members and speaker; opening, speaker introduction, Q & A session, thank speaker, moderate discussion period and wrap-up)
• Notify Better Breathers Club members of upcoming meetings, speaker and topic
• Report attendance to CLRD Program Manager
• Time Requirements: approx. 3 hours/month
• Receive mentoring from non-profit professionals
• Gain hands-on experience and training in a professional setting
• Earn National Certification as a Better Breathers Club® Facilitator.
• Give balance to your life through professional development and volunteerism.
• Opportunity to expand your networks and make professional connections with other Facilitators.
FACILITATORS NEEDED IN ALL COUNTIES IN ARIZONA
For more information contact:
Candace Alexander, Program Manager, at 602.429.0005 or email@example.com